Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Random update

Bad blogger! So much going on and so little blogging happening.

I've been watching the election like I'm sitting on a roller coaster. I get all excited when I see Ekos projecting 100 NDP seats but then I watch CBC and they give a ton of time to some asshole economist who goes on about how the NDP would ruin the economy. The CBC isn't liberal. It's Liberal. Considerable difference.

I'm watching Stevil tell us wimmens that we're just uninformed if we don't vote for him. Paternalistic asshole.

I celebrated Easter with my family and my church. That was lovely. The kids behaved at church, making it seem to everyone that I exaggerate their issues, I'm sure! :) Easter means hope, rebirth, and the belief that life doesn't end when our bodies do. It's also something of the notion that ideas don't die. They could kill the messenger, but the message lives on. In the midst of a contentious election, and inlaws who insist on voting for Conservatives, it was a message I needed.

On the way home, I listened to some marvelous new music from a band so new and indie that I can't even find quality You Tube videos of it. They're called West My Friend, and they're fabulous. Go listen.

And being true to my hippie vegan westcoast self (even though I grew up omnivorous in the prairies!) I got myself a community garden plot. Actually, I got two. Beautifully serendipitous. My husband picked up a piece of litter, because he's good about that, and it was a flyer for a free community garden plot. He gave it to me, and I called immediately. Got not only a plot, but I got it for free. It is completely organic and includes access to water, tools, PLANTS, SEEDS, and best of all, it's right next door to my house. If it weren't for the pesky fence between my complex and theirs, it'd be 30m from my door. Completely awesome. So when I went to have a tour of it, she told me they have an extra plot and do I want another? YES! Score! Everyone local is getting fresh veggies this summer. As long as I don't screw it up, that is! :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments